It’s the season of giving so why not celebrate it with a free new puzzle and a few new puzzling features!
New features (v1.4)
- A free holiday-themed puzzle named “Holiday Special 2021” puzzle to celebrate the winter holidays! The puzzle includes a new custom holiday-themed environment.
- A Tutorial for new players - A new tab has been added in the menu that showcases all the puzzling tools and features in Puzzling Places.
- New Difficulty Modifier: Puzzle Noir - Want to make puzzling even more challenging? Turn on the “Puzzle Noir” option in the Settings to turn the colors of the puzzles into Black & White!
- Low Battery Warning - We’ve added a custom “low battery warning” popup when your headset battery drops below 10% for those long puzzling sessions!
- Updated splash screen when launching Puzzling Places.
Refer to the changelog for a full list of changes.
Dev Chat #3
Whenever we release a major update or DLC, we host a live "Dev Chat" event in our Puzzling Places Discord where we turn on our cameras, host a live podcast, and share behind-the-scenes details about the development of the update!
Tomorrow, Friday, Dec 17th at 4 PM GMT / 8 AM Pacific, we will the Dev Chat #3 to discuss the new changes in Update v1.4, the PlayStation VR launch, as well as show how we made the Holiday Special 2021 puzzle! This is the event link.
There is only room for 25 people to watch live, so if you're interested in watching it live, make sure to enter the Voice Chat room at the start of the event! Otherwise, the recording will be up on Youtube shortly after the live event (which is where most people watch these Dev Chats).
If you missed the previous Dev Chats, you can watch or listen to the recordings on Youtube.
2021 - A retrospective look at the year
2021 has been a massive year for Puzzling Places. Here are a few milestones that are worth highlighting:
- February - We released Puzzling Places - Beta as one of the launch titles of Oculus's App Lab category, allowing us to deliver the game to all Quest players, without needing them to set up SideQuest first.
- March - Puzzling Places launching on PlayStation VR announcement.
- April - Puzzling Places launching on the Oculus Store announcement.
- July - Final Patreon release announcement after 64 weeks of Patreon releases.
- September - Puzzling Places launches on Oculus Quest / Quest 2.
- December - Puzzling Places launches on the PlayStation VR.
Puzzling Places has been the highest-rated game on the Oculus Store for four months consecutively. WOW!
Thank you all for being on this journey with us. We've been so happy with the amount of love and support you have given us since we first announced Puzzling Places back in April of 2020 and we know we couldn't have done any of this with you.
We have BIG plans for next year including releasing many more puzzles, more game features (like multiplayer), and much more.
Seasons greetings, Happy Holidays, and happy puzzling!